Skip to main content

Best Newcomer


I went streaming the SBS tv to catch a glimpse of Lee Min Ho (the F4 Gu Jun Pyo from KBS Boys before Flowers) during the 45th Baeksang Award ceremony, but I missed it. Good news travels fast though (thanks to Youtube and Lee Min Ho Soompi thread), and sure enough, as expected by fans, he won the Best Newcomer Award! Congratulations~ Apparently, he tripped on the red carpet, and joked about it during his acceptance speech. Hehe. Adorable. He was obviously nervous. And he looked so lost on stage initially, which made me go "Aaawwwwww~". He totally deserves the award. Boys before Flowers is far from perfect, but one can't deny that his performance was great, flawed drama editing and directing notwithstanding. Perhaps, it's not too much to say that Lee Min Ho's superb and seemingly effortless acting is one of the major attractions that's causing the high viewership rating for the KBS series. And the fact that he's good looking doesn't hurt.

And now, what's more important is 'what happens next'. Receiving recognition for one's talent and hardwork is one thing, but keeping the expectations alive is another. Are you up to it, Lee Min Ho? Good luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Queen Seon Deok - The Characters

Queen Seon Deok is a series that focuses on the 'villains' as much as it focuses on its 'heroes', because a strong and remarkable hero is called such because he/she faced an equally strong and remarkable nemesis. Because there is a strong opponent like Mishil, that Deokman was able to gain experience and wisdom. There are also other characters that play significant roles to both Deokman and Mishil in their quest to gain the throne. For this post, I list some of the main characters and their brief descriptions. Please note that my descriptions of the characters are merely based on the TV series, and not based on actual historical data . Warning: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS . 1) PRINCESS DEOKMAN Princess Deokman (Queen Seon Deok, posthumous) was played beautifully by Lee Yo Won ( Fashion 70's ). Her younger version was played with great vigor by Nam Ji Hyun ( East of Eden, Will It Snow for Christmas? ). She was born a twin, which according to a prophecy will mark the ...

Yellow Handkerchief (2003)

Summary from  wiki : After being in a relationship with Yoon Ja-young (Lee Tae Ran) for nearly ten years, Lee Sang-min (Kim Ho Jin) dumps her for a richer woman. He plans to marry the president of his company, Jo Min-joo (Choo Sang Mi). Things go astray, though, when Lee finds out that Ja-young is pregnant. He tries to convince her to get an abortion but fails. Nevertheless, he marries Jo Min-joo in a loveless relationship. On the other hand, Yoon raises the child with her mother, grandmother, sister and brother, waiting for him to come back. Jo Sun-joo (Han Ga In) is Jo's stepsister, a warmhearted girl who seems very cold. She learns the meaning of love through Yoon Ja-young's brother (Yeon Jung Hoon), but things don't go well for them either, especially when there is a pestering neighbor always on the watch. Forgiving and waiting, Yoon Ja-young rises from her hard times to become a successful businesswoman. In the search for success, love is obstructed by greed unt...

Baker King, Kim Tak Gu

It was a hard decision to start watching this series. Even though the ratings were high, I also read that it was of 'makjang' variety, that is to say the story and plot is kinda over the top, exactly the kind of story I want to stay away from for a while (thus I was surprised that it turns out not so bad at all i.e not what I expected). It has 30 episodes, which are considerably longer than the normal 16-episode series I've watched. But thinking that I've survived quite a number of even longer series before (with unfavorable side-effects unfortunately) like Queen Seon Deok , My Too Perfect Sons , to name a few, I thought this one should be OK (but still, I hesitated for a loooog time). Thankfully, I caught an episode or two at KBS World (which I found out later was mid-way of the series) and thought that this might actually worth my while so I took the ride. It is indeed a good drama and I suppose, deserved the 'national drama' status (viewership rating abov...