Skip to main content

Shitsuren Chocolatier / Heartbroken Chocolatier (2014)


Koyurugi Sota looks up to and adores his senior in school, Takahashi Saeko. With his one-sided love for her, he decides to leave for Paris to learn the art of making chocolates, as she loves chocolates. After returning from Paris, Sota dreams of creating the perfect chocolate to present to Saeko, and that it will make Saeko fall madly in love with him. Saeko, who is already married, is actually quite the airhead, but her actions seem to lead Sota on. Does Saeko not know that Sota is madly in love with her? Or is she just playing with his feelings? (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Shitsuren_Chocolatier)

This was a japanese drama that I picked up without knowing much what to expect. A drama about chocolate can't be all that bad. But I have mixed feelings by the end of it. While most of the time I was taken aback with the high tolerance for immorality in this series, I do admit it was intriguing to watch for it was less straight forward than your standard romance. I don't have any particular characters to root for because the characters make all sort of choices, regardless whether it's rational or not, right or wrong, dumb or dumber, so I thought whatever endings they have is what they deserve. It's life.

I wouldn't recommend this unless you can watch it with an open mind and mature enough to differentiate between good and bad. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Queen Seon Deok - The Characters

Queen Seon Deok is a series that focuses on the 'villains' as much as it focuses on its 'heroes', because a strong and remarkable hero is called such because he/she faced an equally strong and remarkable nemesis. Because there is a strong opponent like Mishil, that Deokman was able to gain experience and wisdom. There are also other characters that play significant roles to both Deokman and Mishil in their quest to gain the throne. For this post, I list some of the main characters and their brief descriptions. Please note that my descriptions of the characters are merely based on the TV series, and not based on actual historical data . Warning: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS . 1) PRINCESS DEOKMAN Princess Deokman (Queen Seon Deok, posthumous) was played beautifully by Lee Yo Won ( Fashion 70's ). Her younger version was played with great vigor by Nam Ji Hyun ( East of Eden, Will It Snow for Christmas? ). She was born a twin, which according to a prophecy will mark the ...

Yellow Handkerchief (2003)

Summary from  wiki : After being in a relationship with Yoon Ja-young (Lee Tae Ran) for nearly ten years, Lee Sang-min (Kim Ho Jin) dumps her for a richer woman. He plans to marry the president of his company, Jo Min-joo (Choo Sang Mi). Things go astray, though, when Lee finds out that Ja-young is pregnant. He tries to convince her to get an abortion but fails. Nevertheless, he marries Jo Min-joo in a loveless relationship. On the other hand, Yoon raises the child with her mother, grandmother, sister and brother, waiting for him to come back. Jo Sun-joo (Han Ga In) is Jo's stepsister, a warmhearted girl who seems very cold. She learns the meaning of love through Yoon Ja-young's brother (Yeon Jung Hoon), but things don't go well for them either, especially when there is a pestering neighbor always on the watch. Forgiving and waiting, Yoon Ja-young rises from her hard times to become a successful businesswoman. In the search for success, love is obstructed by greed unt...

Baker King, Kim Tak Gu

It was a hard decision to start watching this series. Even though the ratings were high, I also read that it was of 'makjang' variety, that is to say the story and plot is kinda over the top, exactly the kind of story I want to stay away from for a while (thus I was surprised that it turns out not so bad at all i.e not what I expected). It has 30 episodes, which are considerably longer than the normal 16-episode series I've watched. But thinking that I've survived quite a number of even longer series before (with unfavorable side-effects unfortunately) like Queen Seon Deok , My Too Perfect Sons , to name a few, I thought this one should be OK (but still, I hesitated for a loooog time). Thankfully, I caught an episode or two at KBS World (which I found out later was mid-way of the series) and thought that this might actually worth my while so I took the ride. It is indeed a good drama and I suppose, deserved the 'national drama' status (viewership rating abov...