Skip to main content

I Am a Singer (China) Season 4: Week 6 (20160219) - Hwang Chi Yeul


Go Hae (Confession)

His fans probably know how much this song means to him. This is one of the songs he sang when he first debuted, which was used as the OST for the popular series Lovers back in 2007. The original singer was Im Jaebum, who acknowledged Hwang Chi Yeul's powerful vocal. After nine years of being an unknown singer, he again sang "Confession" in the show I Can See Your Voice, the very show that catapulted him to overnight sensation. He was practically in every other variety show ever since, and even became a regular guest inImmortal Songs 2.

He challenged himself again with the song through I Am a Singer, this time with new arrangement. And just as I was beginning to miss his soft tones, this arrangement came along and showcased the softer side of his vocal while still mostly maintained the beloved husky and rough tone. And his high notes was just wow~ He performed it with a certain attitude that sucked you in in I Can See Your Voice, while this particular version felt more sincere and more emotional. It was a beautiful rendition.

He performed 1st and placed 3rd.

(Side note: I felt like he could have ranked 1st, or 2nd, if not for new challenger Wang Xi who came and stole his thunder and win the audiences' favor. They were just captivated by his unexpected bassy vocals even though the performance was so-so. haha. I thought the newcomer was good, just not enough to win first place. But that was just me.)




Previous Performance(s): Week 1; Week 2; Week 3; Week 4; Week 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Queen Seon Deok - The Characters

Queen Seon Deok is a series that focuses on the 'villains' as much as it focuses on its 'heroes', because a strong and remarkable hero is called such because he/she faced an equally strong and remarkable nemesis. Because there is a strong opponent like Mishil, that Deokman was able to gain experience and wisdom. There are also other characters that play significant roles to both Deokman and Mishil in their quest to gain the throne. For this post, I list some of the main characters and their brief descriptions. Please note that my descriptions of the characters are merely based on the TV series, and not based on actual historical data . Warning: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS . 1) PRINCESS DEOKMAN Princess Deokman (Queen Seon Deok, posthumous) was played beautifully by Lee Yo Won ( Fashion 70's ). Her younger version was played with great vigor by Nam Ji Hyun ( East of Eden, Will It Snow for Christmas? ). She was born a twin, which according to a prophecy will mark the ...

Yellow Handkerchief (2003)

Summary from  wiki : After being in a relationship with Yoon Ja-young (Lee Tae Ran) for nearly ten years, Lee Sang-min (Kim Ho Jin) dumps her for a richer woman. He plans to marry the president of his company, Jo Min-joo (Choo Sang Mi). Things go astray, though, when Lee finds out that Ja-young is pregnant. He tries to convince her to get an abortion but fails. Nevertheless, he marries Jo Min-joo in a loveless relationship. On the other hand, Yoon raises the child with her mother, grandmother, sister and brother, waiting for him to come back. Jo Sun-joo (Han Ga In) is Jo's stepsister, a warmhearted girl who seems very cold. She learns the meaning of love through Yoon Ja-young's brother (Yeon Jung Hoon), but things don't go well for them either, especially when there is a pestering neighbor always on the watch. Forgiving and waiting, Yoon Ja-young rises from her hard times to become a successful businesswoman. In the search for success, love is obstructed by greed unt...

Baker King, Kim Tak Gu

It was a hard decision to start watching this series. Even though the ratings were high, I also read that it was of 'makjang' variety, that is to say the story and plot is kinda over the top, exactly the kind of story I want to stay away from for a while (thus I was surprised that it turns out not so bad at all i.e not what I expected). It has 30 episodes, which are considerably longer than the normal 16-episode series I've watched. But thinking that I've survived quite a number of even longer series before (with unfavorable side-effects unfortunately) like Queen Seon Deok , My Too Perfect Sons , to name a few, I thought this one should be OK (but still, I hesitated for a loooog time). Thankfully, I caught an episode or two at KBS World (which I found out later was mid-way of the series) and thought that this might actually worth my while so I took the ride. It is indeed a good drama and I suppose, deserved the 'national drama' status (viewership rating abov...